On Thursday March 12, 2020 the Teton Board of County Commissioners (BCC) and the Jackson Town Council provided policy direction to implement strategies of risk mitigation for the spread of COVID-19 within the community of Teton County. This direction moves departments into the ‘’minimal to moderate’’ mitigation strategies recommended by the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The following are actions to be taken by Teton County/Jackson Parks and Recreation Department effective Monday, March 16, 2020, for a minimum term through April 26, 2020 (note: further service level reductions may occur as deemed necessary for public health and safety):
Effective March 16, 2020:
Community Public Services, Programs, Facilities and Events:
- All department special events, recreational, aquatic and leisure programs shall be suspended.
- Afterschool and spring break youth care programs are suspended until further notice.
- Community special event permits (75 people or greater) within the park system shall be suspended. Future special events will be processed on a conditional basis.
- The Community Recreation Center will operate at reduced hours for lap swimming only
- Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Sunday- CLOSED
- All other services and facility care and access shall remain unchanged.
- Implementation of social distancing measures.
- Park division staff schedules shall be staggered by 30 minutes (two groups)
- Suspend staff and workplace gatherings, functions and meetings greater than 20 people.
- Minimize outside meetings with groups, organizations and the general public greater than 10 people.
- Suspend all non-essential work travel.
- All staff exhibiting fever, respiratory and/or flu like symptoms shall not come to work. Staff shall not return to work until cleared by a doctor, or are fever free for a minimum of 24 hours.
- For up-to-date information on the Teton County/Jackson Parks and Recreation Department, please visit our web page at http://tetonparksandrec.org/1335/Parks-Recreation. For up-to-date information on COVID-19, social distancing tactics and precautions, please visit the Teton County Health Department web page at http://www.tetoncountywy.gov/2061/Coronavirus-Disease-COVID-19.