This is your chance to get into your boat in some warm water before the season starts. Rendezvous River Sports provides kayaks, paddles and skirts including the latest new boat designs. While there is no formal instruction provided, Rendezvous Staff is on hand to help with boat fit and to answer questions about technique. Everybody is welcome to bring their own boats and gear as long as it is clean - boat cleaning equipment is available but please make sure any personal boats are not full of leaves, sand or other debris. Participants should know how to safely wet exit prior to kayaking. If you are new to the sport we recommend bringing a friend with more experience or consider signing up for an Intro to Kayaking Lesson. Please note - kids under 12 must first pass a swim test and must be able to demonstrate a controlled wet exit or controlled kayak roll before kayaking.
Open Kayak Wednesday Evenings March 24, April 14, 21, May 12, 26
• Rendezvous River Sports will provide kayaks, paddles and skirts
• Reservations Required - 8 people for approximately 40 minutes
• Every person that comes has to be registered and will count towards the max of 8 people even if they are just assisting someone else
• Face Coverings must be worn until you are in the water, and social distancing must be followed
• First group (beginner level) from 6:15-6:55
• Second group from 7:00 to 7:40
• Register online or by calling 307-739-9025, cost is $10 per time slot.