Internal Business Contact Tracing
We are asking businesses to conduct their own internal contact tracing with our support. Please identify exposure to the person who tested positive and consider co-worker to co-worker exposure, as well as possible patron exposure.
The sustained high levels of daily new COVID-19 cases has overwhelmed the current capacity of the Teton County Health Department case investigation and contact tracing team. Teton County, WY residents who test positive for COVID-19 will still receive a call from one of our case investigators, however it may be delayed due to the high volume. Our team hopes to call all close contacts, however we will be prioritizing the vulnerable populations, those who work with vulnerable populations, essential workers and household members of positive cases. We are asking cases to help us contact close contacts by notifying them and sharing information. We are asking businesses to conduct their own internal contact tracing with our support.
Steps to conduct your own internal contact tracing within your business:
- Instruct employee(s) who have tested positive for COVID-19 to self-isolate.
- Begin to consider those who were exposed (co-workers and patrons) by the person who tested positive. Close contacts are defined as being less than 6 feet for more than 15 minutes cumulatively. Learn more about close contacts by clicking here.
- Reach out to the Public Health COVID-19 Advisor at (307) 732-8537 or Ashley.email@example.com to discuss your situation.
- Send home employees who have been identified as close contacts for self-quarantine. Close contacts need to stay home for 14 days after last contact with the positive COVID-19 case.
- Instruct close contacts to get tested. It is recommended that they test twice - ideally at day 5 and again at day 11, but this will depend on availability and timing. If they are unable to test twice, please have them test on or after day 7 from their last contact with the positive case.
The Wyoming Department of Health is offering free COVID-19 tests for employers through the company Vault Health. Click here to learn more and order the at-home tests for Wyoming-based employees.