JOIN OUR DISPATCHING TEAM!
- Age 18
- Education High School Diploma or GED
- Pass the typing proficiency, multi tasking and written tests and oral interview
- Show proof of a valid driver’s license
- Complete a thorough background investigation
- Submit to a psychological evaluation and a medical exam
- Answers emergency and non-emergency calls from the public requesting emergency services; determines the nature priority, location, and number of necessary units to respond to the call; dispatches and maintains accurate status and location of units; refers calls not requiring dispatch to appropriate recipient.
- Operates radio, telephone system, computer aided dispatching software (CAD), GIS, and mapping software.
- Enters warrants, restraining orders, and other paperwork into National Crime Information System (NCIS) and databases; notifies other agencies of wanted, missing, or endangered persons.
- Participates in state, program, and administration mandated trainings, certifications, and continuing education programs.
- Researches drivers licenses, plates, criminal backgrounds, contact numbers, previous addresses, and outstanding warrant of subjects.
- Supports the relationship between the Teton County staff and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with community members, visitors, and County staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and County information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Health, vision, dental insurance
- Wyoming law enforcement retirement (20 year plan)
- Option to contribute to 457b Deferred Comp plan
- Life insurance
- Paid time off – vacation, holiday, sick and comp time
- Use of the Recreation Center and the Town/County exercise facility
- Access to bus and ski pass reductions
Come tour our Communications Center before testing with us. A tour allows you to see the area in which you would work, sit with a current Emergency Dispatcher, observe their work, and ask questions of them. There is no better way to truly understand and evaluate the position. If you are interested, please contact our Communications Manager, Riclyn Betsinger, to schedule a tour. She can be reached via email: email@example.com.